Gabriel Morin wrote:
> Right now in Hot Seat, the view switches to the opposite side as soon as
> you click End Turn. This can reveal to you (whether you're willing or
> not) some units from the opposite side that were hiding in the fog just
> beyond your sight.
> This happens whether or not you activated the "Turn dialog" option
> (which also instantaneously switches the view, but displays a dialog on
> top of it).
> If you think about this for a second, it means that *playing hot-seat
> except for coop games is currently pointless*.

Better said: "Playing hot-seat with fog except for coop games is currently
pointless".
When there is no fog, nothing is lost.

> I propose we change it so that:
>
>    1. When the turn dialog is displayed, the map must be completely
>       fogged and no unit may be selected or shown in the sidebar.
>    2. In hot seat, the turn dialog is always activated, no matter what
>       the "Turn dialog" option says. (Rationale: players don't have to
>       dig for an option just to make hot-seat functional.)
>
> Do we agree on the issue and the solution?
> If so I'll take action and submit a patch or open a bug/add it to
> EasyCoding.

For 2., I would make the "Turn dialog" option a three-way one:
 - always
 - only on Hotseat
 - never,
with the middle one the default. This way people playing without fog or coop
games can
switch it off when not wanted, why still nobody really has to dig for the
option.

Paulo