On 2010/4/2, Fabian Mueller wrote:

> Every ability that influences HP or amount of strikes can be multiplied
> as well, I see no problems there.

The problem is the same as with poison and slow. If you increase the
number of strikes, you increase the chance to hit, which causes an
unbalance.

> I see one problem, at which adjustment would you aim for the same
> balance as the normal
> gameplay? Most likely the poison/slow whatever issue would only be
> balanced around a single
> value, and I think we shouldn't offer a slider that can be used to
> unbalance the gameplay too much.

No, the whole point of my proposal is that all the settings are
equivalent from a statistical point of view. If the game is currently
balanced, it is supposed to be balanced for all the settings between
0-100 and 50-50. Obviously, the gameplay may become quite different at
50-50. (Thunderers become completely different units, but that's also
true with your proposal.) But we shouldn't care about balancing
anything else than 0-100. People will have to accept that the game is
guaranteed to be balanced only for the current mode, and the more you
move the slider away from 0-100, the more the game experience changes.

Best regards,

Guillaume