From: westnilenet-boun...@kym.net [mailto:westnilenet-boun...@kym.net] On
Behalf Of samuel andema
Sent: Sunday, March 08, 2009 4:50 PM
To: A Virtual Network for friends of West Nile
Subject: [!! SPAM] Re: [WestNileNet] WestNile Digest, Vol 6, issue 72

Dear Fr. Rofino,

Thank you very much for sharing with us your emperical discussion with the
folks. In a way you were carrying out an ethnographic study on this
important subject of the persistent decline of education in west Nile. It is
one way of gaging peiople's perceptions on the problem. The approach you
have adopted is very good to open people's.

However, from a professional point of view i would like some one to really
volunteer and help us in systematically documenting the performance in some
selected number of both primary and secondary schools across WestNile for
the last five or ten years to let people especially our leaders to realise
the gravity of the problem of death of education in the region. Talking
about the problem without basic facts and figure is making our people become
complacent. Can you imagi i was told on phone from Arua this morning that in
the whole of Arua district hardly 10 candidates passed in grade one in PLE
in 2008. Surely what are the elite and leaders in westnile doing? What are
we paying the people who sit in district education for? Why do we continue
to pay the headmaster in these schools? What are the so called Board of
Governors doing in these schools when the policy and law gives them a lot of
powers?

Surely, enough should be enough! Just as every liquid has its boiling point
there must be a limit to our patience! I am sick and tired of our inaction!
This is too much!

Sam Andema

University of British Columbia

Vancouver