Hi Patrick,

Thank you for responding to fr Rofino's mail. Am glad you too see the need to
be armed with hard facts and figures to confront the challenge. It is the best
tool we can use to make our case.

I wonder what kind of researces our students at the universities are doing. I
would expect many students to be competin to research on such practical
problems at all levels. Unfortunately the kind of education offered at the
universities these days does not prepare students to be of any use to practical
problems afflicting us. They would rather concoct abstract things to get first
class only to fail miserably in life.

I hope some one will follow Mr Adriko to volunteer to compile for us a
statistical data on the poor performance for five or even ten years in the past
across westnile.

I like the work you did on the declining performance in Ombaci in your proposal
for the reward project. The statistics speaks for itself. The comparisons are
so obvous to make. No wonder you were the best UCE candidate in the whole of
Uganda in 1985. God bless. One of these days you have to seriously consider
taking the PhD path. I have no doubt what so ever that you will make it in
record time.

Thank you and have a blessed week

Sam Andema
University of British Columbia