From: westnilenet-boun...@kym.net [mailto:westnilenet-boun...@kym.net]
On Behalf Of samuel andema
Sent: Monday, March 09, 2009 8:58 AM
To: A Virtual Network for friends of West Nile
Subject: Re: [WestNileNet] WestNile Digest, Vol 6, issue 72

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for responding to fr Rofino's mail. Am glad you too see the
need to be armed with hard facts and figures to confront the challenge.
It is the best tool we can use to make our case.

I wonder what kind of researces our students at the universities are
doing. I would expect many students to be competin to research on such
practical problems at all levels. Unfortunately the kind of education
offered at the universities these days does not prepare students to be
of any use to practical problems afflicting us. They would rather
concoct abstract things to get first class only to fail miserably in
life.

I hope some one will follow Mr Adriko to volunteer to compile for us a
statistical data on the poor performance for five or even ten years in
the past across westnile.

I like the work you did on the declining performance in Ombaci in your
proposal for the reward project. The statistics speaks for itself. The
comparisons are so obvous to make. No wonder you were the best UCE
candidate in the whole of Uganda in 1985. God bless. One of these days
you have to seriously consider taking the PhD path. I have no doubt what
so ever that you will make it in record time.

Thank you and have a blessed week

Sam Andema

University of British Columbia

Vancouver