On Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 4:57 PM, Ward Cunningham <w...@c2.com> wrote:

> Aside: I have built a data mining tool and methodology, Exploratory
> Parsing, that can read all of Wikipedia in 10 seconds for a useful notion
> of "read".  I have also created a Federated Wiki that promotes wiki-like
> sharing without need for a common vision or agreed social norms. I intend
> to combine the two to make an experiment manager where setups are easily
> shared and where methodological improvements and/or research redirections
> easily build on other's work in progress.
>
> What would our environment have to be like before our collaborative cycle
> time is reduced to days?

I would highly encourage researchers interested in collaborative systems to
take a look at Federated Wiki. Collaboration among experts is a very
interesting potential use case, considering the way the wiki handles data
and visualization, as well as the git-like way is allows for collaboration.

--
Steven Walling
https://wikimediafoundation.org/