On Sun, Nov 18, 2012 at 4:16 PM, Laura Hale <la...@fanhistory.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm wondering if anyone knows of any research on Wikimedia meetups and the
> effects on editor retention?
>
> Sincerely,
> Laura Hale

I know that at some point there was effort made in the WMF's Global
Development department to try and track any statistically significant
increase in participation from certain geographies as a result of outreach
events, but I am not sure how far it got.

Making a correlation between IRL meetings and activity is difficult unless
you do it by hand. And then there's the question of what you might use as a
control group as a basis for comparison.

--
Steven Walling
https://wikimediafoundation.org/