Hi Maria,

I just participated in a presentation where the general lines of the project
were introduced and we were shown some examples of what they are doing and
mashed-up books using a collection of material and modules from different
authors inside the platform.

>The content I can get is all pdfs
Here is an example of a book
http://cnx.org/content/m16026/latest/
You can find the content online in html (the pages can be printed),
downloadable for free as a pdf or zip file or you can order a printed
version for a fee.

>Also, some pages have no content at all, other than an ad for a web site.
I suppose they must be in construction

You'd  have to log into their platform to see how it works in practice to
build, find and combine these resources. Here are some short tutorials.
http://cnx.org/help/authorguide
http://cnx.org/help/ModuleInMinutes

The FAQ are clear
http://cnx.org/help/faq

The navigation on the Plone platform looks visually clean.

OERs were also discussed at the Berlin Online Educa, where different models
were presented. I find it interesting to be able to compare them to
Wikieducator - after all, we can all learn with what others are doing in the
field.
http://www.icwe.net/oeb_special/news109.php

Warm regards from Brazil,
Bee
[presently working on Bloom's Revised Taxonomy and spending way too much
time on trying to get the tables right.
http://wikieducator.org/Bloom%27s_revised_taxonomy]

--
Barbara Dieu