On 31 December 2014 at 16:37, Risker <risker...@gmail.com> wrote:

> It's not doing that for me (Canada, using an old IE browser). However, it
> IS ignoring my previously set "don't show me this again" cookie.

I just tested in Opera as well. First I got the HUGE OBNOXIOUS BANNER.
I dismissed this and went to another page ... and it popped up with
ANOTHER BANNER!

So, the current code is ignoring people dismissing the banner. Someone
has decided this is a good thing to do.

Really - some person has *knowingly* coded this, considering this
ethical behaviour to put into code and release into the wild. Who was
this person? Who signed off on this decision? What is the process by
which this decision was made?

- d.