The large banner is set to only show up one time, regardless if a reader
closes the banner or not. Most readers are not seeing these banners
anymore.

The blue banners at the top of the page do show up more than one time.  If
you close these banners, you won't see anymore banners.

If the description above is not working for you, please let us know at
don...@wikimedia.org so we can follow up.

You may be noticing more banners because we have increased the traffic
today for a final year-end push.  Banners were running at limited traffic
the past two weeks.  The campaign will end today.

Happy New Year!

On Wed, Dec 31, 2014 at 9:41 AM, Marc A. Pelletier <m...@uberbox.org> wrote:

> On 14-12-31 12:20 PM, David Gerard wrote:
>
>> On 31 December 2014 at 17:18, Marc A. Pelletier <m...@uberbox.org> wrote:
>>
>>> How have you determined that this is not simply a bug or coding error,
>>> exactly?
>>>

>> It is true that I'm assuming bad faith here entirely on the basis of
>> the previous bad-faith behaviour.
>>

> Then - setting aside the propriety of your characterization of the
> fundraising team's past efforts - the correct thing to do would be to
> report the obnoxious returning banner as a bug (including enough
> information to help figure out its source) and at least wait for some
> indication that it may not have been one before casting aspersions on real
> peoples' ethics.  Treating others like mustache-twirling villains rarely
> ends up being productive.
>
> Assuming that it *is* a bug, getting it tracked down and fixed as quickly
> as possible so that it affects fewer people is the important thing; rage
> over the blunder may be cathartic but is not in fact useful.
>
> -- Marc

Megan Hernandez

Director of Online Fundraising
Wikimedia Foundation