David don't get your hopes up. Given the WMF's tendency to shove idiotic,
untested, and often unwanted software changes down the throats of users
this surprises you at all? Just take a look at how either VE or media
viewer where pushed out. It took the introduction of the super protect
right to ensure that the WMF's edicts are carried out regardless of how it
impacts users or their wishes.