Hi Pine,

Thank you for your inquiry and for following up the status of this project.

We’ve updated the information on our meta page[1], so that it is more clear
to everyone. We would like to clarify that the Draft Report is a
finalization of the raw dataset and is not intended to be published. We are
currently focusing on representing the data, so that everyone can easily
understand the outcomes of our project. This will be revised internally and
the outcome of that will be the Final Report, which will be published in
April.

All the best,

Lene

[1] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Movement-wide_Financial_Report

On Sun, Mar 1, 2015 at 6:34 PM, Keegan Peterzell <keegan.w...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 1, 2015 at 8:06 PM, Pine W <wiki.p...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Keegan,
> >
> > May I point out that the term on the timeline is "deadline", as in
> > "commitment", not as in "estimate". I view commitments as serious
> business.
> > I believe that in IEGCom we met our deadlines every single time when I
> was
> > on that committee, the Signpost is published weekly with rare exceptions,
> > and there were a number of nights as a WMF intern when I got less than 6
> > hours of sleep in my semi-successful efforts to keep my commitments to
> WMF
> > and to my other employer. ( I do thank WMF for that internship, it was a
> > good experience overall). Of course there may be variances from schedules
> > on occasion (people do get sick, have their cars break down, etc), but I
> > believe that Lila made a point in the All Hands that projects are to be
> > completed on time, and I think it's reasonable that commitments should be
> > kept whenever possible. I try to do this myself and I hope that WMF takes
> > its commitments seriously too.
> >
> > The report of the Finance Fellows will inform some of my thinking about
> > Cascadia's budget and it would be helpful to have the draft published
> early
> > this week.
> >
> > Thank you,
> >
> > Pine
>

> ​Pine,
>
> I do not believe I was questioning the commitments of anyone​, nor was I
> seeking to argue those points with you. I am simply saying, and I still
> believe this is true, that it's not an unreasonable observation that this
> is the weekend nor is it unexpected for people to take weekends off.
> Weekends are terrible times to release news, for the very reason that
> people are taking them off. Having some patience for Monday to arrive is
> not too much to ask at all.
>
> Thanks!
>

> --
> ~Keegan
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Keegan
>
> This is my personal email address. Everything sent from this email address
> is in a personal capacity.

*Lene Gillis*
Finance Fellow
Wikimedia Foundation
www.wikimediafoundation.org

the sum of all knowledge. Help us make it a reality!

*https://donate.wikimedia.org <https://donate.wikimedia.org/>*