Most Wikimedians are very interesting people. However Milos has hit the
nail on the head when he says the most interesting things happening at
Wikimedia events are 1-1 conversations.

In my view we don't have a "personality" problem (and if we did, we
couldn't fix it).

What we have, at least in the offline space, is an *event management* and
*meeting skills" problem.

We do not set up events to make anything *apart* from 1-1 conversations
effective. Events typically lack goals and focused programmes. Where issues
are being discussed, they lack common agreement about what problems are
trying to be solved and what voices need to be represented in the
solutions. Where skills are being shared, they lack a definition of what it
is people need to know and how to teach it to them effectively. And more or
less throughout, we have a low level of presentation and/or facilitation
skills as we don't actively train people in these.

We are groping towards success in a couple of areas I'm familiar with, e.g.
the Wikimedia Conference is more clearly focused year on year. But there is
still a long way to go!

Regards,

Chris