Dear all

I have been accused of three things:

   1.

   Giving staff unrealistic expectations regarding potential board
   decisions. I have always stated to staff that I only represented 10% of the
   board and have never given assurances that I could convince other trustees.
   I would be interested in hearing staff weigh in on this accusation but I
   consider it unfounded.

   1.

   Releasing private board information. I have not made public, private
   board discussions during my time on the board. I have however pushed for
   greater transparency both within the WMF and with our communities. I have
   made myself informed by discussing issues with trusted staff and community
   members and used independent judgement.

   1.

   Publishing the statement about my removal on Wikimedia-l. I was not
   asked by other board members at any time before its publication to produce
   a joint statement or to delay publishing the statement I had put together a
   few days prior. The first proposal to collaborate I believe was by myself
   here
   https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikimedia-l/2015-December/080502.html
   I was also not informed that the meeting was going to continue for the
   purpose of producing such a statement.

I have always acted in what I believe are the best interests of the
movement and the WMF.

--
James Heilman
MD, CCFP-EM, Wikipedian