Dear Doc James, and everyone,

On Fri, Jan 1, 2016 at 4:31 PM, James Heilman <jmh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have been accused of three things:
>
>    1. Giving staff unrealistic expectations regarding potential board
>    decisions. I have always stated to staff that I only represented 10% of
> the
>    board and have never given assurances that I could convince other
> trustees.
>    I would be interested in hearing staff weigh in on this accusation but I
>    consider it unfounded.

For my part, and I believe I speak for at least some other staff, I can
confirm you have never misrepresented your role in the board or the
positions you were taking, and did not "give unrealistic expectations" on
that potential board decision, or any other.  (If anyone did, it was
another board member, and not Doc James.)

I think my role as staff means I should keep out of this discussion (and to
those reaching out privately: please understand I am not at liberty to
discuss this), but since this allegation about your conduct is specifically
about staff, I thought I should inform the community on this specific point.

Thank you for all you've done, Doc.

Sincerely,

     Asaf
--