On 24 Jan 2009, at 12:37, Gordon Joly wrote:

> At 11:27 +0000 21/1/09, Michael Peel wrote:
>> Chris,
>>
>> I assume you mean http://www.wikimedia.org.uk/ ?
>>
>> We're currently waiting for the WMF to set up a wiki for WMUK, which
>> we hope will be done imminently; the website will then be brought up
>> to date fairly rapidly. We also don't currently have control of the
>> domain names; we've requested that they be transferred from the
>> current owner, but haven't heard anything back from him yet. I guess
>> it depends on how long the WMF takes to set up the wiki as to whether
>> it's worth replacing the content on the current website yet, although
>> a note that the pages are out of date might be useful regardless...
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Mike
>

> Perhaps James is waiting for the renewal?

I've now heard back from James (he was away), and he's raised a good
point about whether the WMF or WMUK should have control of these
domains and the other UK domains for the WMF's trademarks. I've been
in contact with Mike Godwin about this; discussions are ongoing.

With the website, the limiting factor is still getting the wiki set
up, as I expect we can get the domain names repointed fairly easily.
There's been no progress with the request yet, though.

Mike