Proposed new simpler version:

Freedom of panorama in the UK

Under UK law, you are allowed to upload a photo of the architecture of any
building (inside or outside) without infringing any copyright held by the
architect.  The same applies to any 3D artwork, such as a statue, provided that
it is permanently located in a public place (this means somewhere normally open
to the public, including interior spaces such as museums).  So, you can freely
upload a photo of the Angel of the North sculpture, even though the sculpture
itself is copyright-protected.   Note that this applies only to 3D works, and
not to 2D works such as posters or signs - even if on they are on public
display.  Note also that the rules outside the UK may be different.

Michael