On Thu, 9 Feb 2017, at 03:13 PM, Alex Brollo wrote:

> Thanks Sam!

> Now we should focus on  help about requisites of a good, wikisource-
> oriented IA upload: proper scan quality, good file names and useful
> metadata. IMHO it would be great to build a "wikisource collection"
> into IA, since collection admins can edit any item detail but its ID,
> and fix most mistakes.

That sounds like a great idea! So it sounds like[1] we need to have 50
items already uploaded before they'll create a collection for us. Then,
maybe we build it into ia-upload: a way of uploading and setting
metadata for a set of scan files? It would upload files to IA and then
do the DjVu-creating thing and upload just the DjVu to Commons?

Or do people upload to Commons first? And then our tool takes a file (or
category of files), uploads it to IA, and then pulls the DjVu back from
there and adds it to the same category?

(I'm sort of thinking aloud...)

Links:

  1. https://archive.org/about/faqs.php#Collections