That's a great idea!

I think we can use Wikidata to build the list:
http://tinyurl.com/zwdbzyq

I had been erroneously thinking along the lines that we'd have to be
uploading something to the items before making it part of a Wikisource
collection, but of course that's not necessary. I think your hierarchy
of wikisource collections sounds perfect.

It'd be cool if items with a page on a Wikisource could have a little
footnote like they do for Open Library ones ("[Open Library icon]This
book has an editable web page[1] on Open Library[2].).

—sam

On Sun, 12 Feb 2017, at 08:17 PM, Andrea Zanni wrote:

> Hi everyone,

> I made this, hopefully is helful:

> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/158GvBrPBW0KfREHRmLFK7EhuB-FQBkLbm9qxJBaJTUY/edit?usp=sharing
>

> It's the list of the files on Commons uploaded from Internet Archive.
> The idea, right now, is that every language Wikisource would take care
> of their uploads,
> and when they are more than 50 they create a "Italian/German/Bengali
> Wikisource",
> collection on Internet Archive.

> The whole set of collections will be inside one "Wikisource" global
> collection.
> Make sense? Do you agree?

> On Thu, Feb 9, 2017 at 8:38 AM, Sam Wilson
> <s...@samwilson.id.au> wrote:
>> __

>> On Thu, 9 Feb 2017, at 03:13 PM, Alex Brollo wrote:

>>> Thanks Sam!

>>> Now we should focus on  help about requisites of a good, wikisource-
>>> oriented IA upload: proper scan quality, good file names and useful
>>> metadata. IMHO it would be great to build a "wikisource collection"
>>> into IA, since collection admins can edit any item detail but its
>>> ID, and fix most mistakes.
>>>

>> That sounds like a great idea! So it sounds like[3] we need to have
>> 50 items already uploaded before they'll create a collection for us.
>> Then, maybe we build it into ia-upload: a way of uploading and
>> setting metadata for a set of scan files? It would upload files to IA
>> and then do the DjVu-creating thing and upload just the DjVu to
>> Commons?
>>

>> Or do people upload to Commons first? And then our tool takes a file
>> (or category of files), uploads it to IA, and then pulls the DjVu
>> back from there and adds it to the same category?
>>

>> (I'm sort of thinking aloud...)

Links:

  1. http://openlibrary.org/ia/thatremystre00gaut
  2. https://openlibrary.org/