River Tarnell wrote:
> Platonides:
>> Is mediawiki table structure going to change?  RevisionDelete system is not
>> friendly for partial replication, but precisely doing things that way is what
>> [will] allows avoiding the row-copying from revision to archive of the 'old'
>> deletion system.
>
> sorry, i don't quite follow what you're saying here.  we changed the view
> definitions on the toolserver when rev_deleted went into use to avoid exposing
> this information to the users.  we don't use any sort of trigger.
>
> BTW: there is no "partial replication" at the toolserver, although this is a
> common misconception.  we replicate everything, then use views to expose the
> relevant data to users.  this is why the foundation won't allow us to add any
> more admins; the internal / private wikis are also replicated to the
> toolserver, and visible to any admin.

I know. That's precisely what i'm addressing. From your email, WMF is
"reorganising their databases" so the toolserver can get more admins
(less private data is replicated/stored at ts).
Any such schema change to the schema would be pretty big, IMHO (and yet
incomplete).

>> Moreover, any more private method for sharing the tables (eg. a trigger
>> deleting the row when rev_deleted is set) would precisely lose the backup
>> ability the toolserver is performing.
>
> i don't know what you mean by "more private", but the method we use has no
> effect at all on how useful the toolserver would be as a backup.
>
>       - river.

Changes so toolserver roots can't get /some/ information would.