On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 12:35 PM, Platonides <platoni...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I know. That's precisely what i'm addressing. From your email, WMF is
> "reorganising their databases" so the toolserver can get more admins
> (less private data is replicated/stored at ts).
> Any such schema change to the schema would be pretty big, IMHO (and yet
> incomplete).

If I understand correctly, the only change being contemplated here is
not replicating the databases that are entirely secret (databases of
private wikis).  Toolserver roots would still have access to things
like the recentchanges table and hidden revisions on public wikis, and
would presumably still have to sign NDAs or act as Foundation agents
or whatever to access those.

I might be misunderstanding, though.  If only entire databases need to
be hidden, why can't the toolserver just be set up not to replicate
those, given that MySQL supports that?