Aryeh Gregor schrieb:
> As far as I know, the account approval process on the toolserver is
> fairly lax.  As long as you have some credible Wikipedia-related
> reason to use the toolserver, whether tools or research, you should be
> able to get an account.  Am I wrong?  Have any researchers been
> rejected from the toolserver?

The main reason for rejection is, as far as i can see, that the project would
take to much resources to be feasible on the toolserver. Or it requires access
to data we don't have, such as bulk access to page content. Or it needs access
to private data, such as IP addresses. Or to access logs, which we don't have.

Research projects that can sanely be expected to actually work on the toolserver
should always be approved, even if they have no immediate utility to wiki users.

-- daniel