I have modified parserTests to take a "known to fail" switch so those tests
that have always failed now pass. It was pretty simple. It only required 3
changes to parserTests.inc and some editing on parserTests.txt. I added an
option for each test called flipresult. When this option is specified, the test
succeeds when it fails and vice versa.

I have tested the modified parserTest on 1.16a running over a 1.14 schema
database. However, I have run into a problem attempting to install the latest
trunk revision so I can test against it. Specifically, I added a database
called wikitestdb so I would have a production and test wiki. However, when I
checked out the latest trunk revision, ran the install script and update.php,
and then accessed http://<wiki path>/index.php the installation gets into a
infinite redirect loop. When I attempted to debug this (using netbeans 6.7 and
Xdebug) the redirect doesn't appear. That is, Main_Page is rendered and
displayed. The only difference between the two URLs are the first uses
http://<wiki path>/index.php (which redirects to http://<wiki
path>/index.php/Main_Page), while the debug session specifies
http://localhost/MediawikiTest/Latest%20Trunk%20Version/phase3/index.php?XDEBUG_SESSION_START=netbeans-xdebug.

I need some help figuring out what is happening. I imagine using this list for
that purpose would be inappropriate. So, if someone would volunteer to help me
(email me at the from address in this email), I can get the parserTest changes
tested against the newest revision. I can then open a bug (or use an already
open bug) and attach the patch and edited parserTests.txt file to it.