OK. I think I am now in sync. I checked out 1.14.1 (from the branches arm of
r53568) and merged the local changes to parserTests.inc and parserTests.txt.
Out of the box, 1.14.1 generates 40 parser test failures. With the code
modifications, it generates 24 (i.e., 14 fewer). I have the patches for 1.14.1
and can attach them to an appropriate bug or create a new bug and attach them
there.

I also have the patches to r53551, which I can't test because, as I stated
previously, my testwiki gets into a redirect loop. No one has stepped forward
to help, so I can either provide these for someone else to test or wander
around trying to figure out why the redirect loop occurs on my own. One further
bit of info on this - when I get to the main page using the debugger, any local
link I attempt to navigate to leads me back to the main page, which dies
because of the redirect loop. This suggests something is stuck in the redirect
logic and everything (including the main page) is redirecting back to the main
page.

If someone could let me know how to proceed with the patches, that would help.