On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 9:37 AM, Lane, Ryan
<ryan.l...@ocean.navo.navy.mil>wrote:

> > Actually, I do have to learn everything. I know absolutely
> > nothing about
> > HTML and all the stuff (Maybe I will when I take the computer
> > science course
> > in grade 10). Think of it this way, you have a radioactive
> > material decay
> > problem, where you want to find out how much mass is left
> > after 1000 years.
> > Obviously there is no simple algebraic way of doing it. You
> > must set up a
> > differential equation and solve it. There is no way to do it
> > if your math
> > skills are only basic algebra. This is me, and I have to learn all of
> > advanced algebra, functions, trigonmetry, calculus, and differential
> > equation to do it.
>
> If you were able to do x264 from the commandline, this will be a walk in
> the
> park. I've been using the commandline for years and I *much* prefer to use
> GUI to do x264 transcoding.
>
> Using the html exporter from the commandline is fairly simple, and it is
> documented on the extension page:
>
> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:DumpHTML
>
> V/r,
>
> Ryan Lane

I have no idea on how to install MediaWiki. This is too difficult and
troublesome. Considering how much pain it is to use x264 from command line,
I probably don't want to try this. Truthfully there is not much to x264 in
command line. But the programs I'm seeing here is, well, complicated, to say
the least. I'm just gonna wait for Wikimedia to update the static HTML, or
bother my computer science teacher, LOL.