Guys,
Why are we talking XML? Yaron's Semantic Forms survived without XML - yes,
it's definition language is not English, but it's good enough and works
relatively good with the rest of MW syntax.

I think using XML will not necessarily do good here as form creators would
want the language to be close to the rest of the wiki.

Here's the example of the form which is the mix of wikitext, HTML and
regular wiki formatting
http://www.techpresentations.org/w/index.php?title=Form:Presentation&action=edit

It worked for me. Maybe this kind of definition can be merged with Template
pages, but frankly SF's model works pretty well (of course, SF is also smart
about data because of SMW, but it can be more "manual").

Thank you,

        Sergey

--
Sergey Chernyshev