On Sat, Sep 26, 2009 at 10:14 AM, Dmitriy Sintsov <ques...@rambler.ru> wrote:
> * Tei <oscar.vi...@gmail.com> [Sat, 26 Sep 2009 02:40:06 +0200]:
>> Hello.
>>
>> Heres a screenshot of me editing the wikipedia:
>>
>> http://zerror.com/unorganized/crap/nogoodenough.png
>>
>> All the webmasters on this mail list will spot the problem with this
>> text  in 1 second: is unreadable. The space betwen lines, the lines
>> length, the complexity of the text... Is really hard to read.
>> A HTML textarea can server for writting emails, and simple text, but
>> on this image fail short. Textareas are not designed for this, or are
>> not good enough.
>>
>> How a webmaster can make that text better? well.. you need to stop
>> using the HTML textarea widget. And emulate it with divs, css and
>> javascript. You need to colorize the code.  Nowdays *ALL* good code
>> editors colorize code. If our code editor don't colorize the wiki
>> sintax, or don't even try, our editor is bad. I could be wrong, but
>> maybe [[links]] and {{templates}} can be detected and colorized.   And
>> since you are emulating a editor, you can add a bit of usefull
>> beaviors:  make so some areas are read only, so the cursor skip then.
>> Oh.. and you can make the whole think AJAXified,.. so wen you click
>> [Edit section] this section become editable, and wen you "save", the
>> edit view send, and is replaced by the result. Why would you want to
>> people bounce here and there to post stuff in 2009?
>>
>> He...  our computers support 24 M colors, and we are showing text with
>> 2 colors? pfff....
>>
> I am very much supporting you! Both code colorizing and AJAX editing
> preview. And maybe a links "code completion" - when yuu press [[ it will
> open an JS-generated dialog with drop-down title search list. It's not
> that wikitext is too hard (with the huge exception of templates) but the
> editor is very much restricted.. Though templates surely aren't nice and
> it's probably is better to keep them separate and XML-ize them.
> Dmitriy

For templates you can use a "Code beatiffier", that unofuscate the code.
Templates can be hard to write, but theres no reason to let then be
hard to read. Maybe MW already do that..

Here is a example using another template language (bbcode):

[uRL]lalala[/URL]  =>  [url]lalala[/url]

[quote=Dan]blabla  bla bla[/img]  =>

[quote= Dani ]
   bla bla bla
[/quote]

I know that this maybe is a bad idea, If this may cause other
problems, and theres one million others things that are worth our time
:-I

A serverside "Code beatifier" can also helps a clientside colorizer.
He can massage the template code first, and be smarter than the
colorizers and prevent problems before hit the colorizer.   A code
beafifier can be implemented in a incremental way, the first version
can "just" lowercase all letter.  The colorizer can also be
implemented in a incremental way, starting colorizing simple stuff.
If a colorizing or a beatifier become a problem, can be deactivated,
and things will continue smoothly.

ℱin del ℳensaje.