Praveen Prakash wrote:
> Is it possible to implement some method to tell server both characters
> are same??

No.

> It is heard that more changes coming in future versions of
> unicode. And now almost half of the data coming is in unicode 5.1
> version. I am not sure about reverse converting.

That link you gave in your last post had a conversion table, it looks
pretty straightforward:

CHILLU NN -> NNA, VIRAMA, ZWJ
CHILLU N -> NA, VIRAMA, ZWJ
CHILLU RR -> RA, VIRAMA, ZWJ
CHILLU L -> LA, VIRAMA, ZWJ
CHILLU LL -> LLA, VIRAMA, ZWJ

The other new characters would remain unconverted.

Gerard Meijssen wrote:
> Hoi,
> Given that we should be moving forward not backward, it makes more sense to
> provide Unicode 5.1 characters and webfonts.
>
> The big thing of MediaWiki was that it supported Unicode when this was still
> a new thing to do. We should support the latest and the best Unicode
> support.

You did read the post didn't you? Forcing everyone to buy Windows 7 is
not generally the way we do things. Unless the client situation is not
as bad as it sounds, we will need to have a transition period where we
support older clients until their market share falls far lower than
50%, which is where, by Praveen's figures, it is now.

-- Tim Starling