2010/8/2 Tei <oscar.vi...@gmail.com>:
> Maybe a theme can get the individual icons that the theme use, and
> combine it all in a single png file.

This technique is called spriting, and the single combined image file
is called a sprite. We've done this with e.g. the enhanced toolbar
buttons, but it doesn't work in all cases.

> Maybe the idea than resource=file must die in 2011 internet :-/

The resourceloader branch contains work in progress on aggressively
combining and minifying JavaScript and CSS. The mapping of one
resource = one file will be preserved, but the mapping of one resource
= one REQUEST will die: it'll be possible, and encouraged, to obtain
multiple resources in one request.

Roan Kattouw (Catrope)