Two things:
(i) I'd really hope that subclassing would be very rare here. I don't think
this will be much of an issue though.
(ii) Also, it would be nice if developers could all have hiphop running on
their test wikis, so that code that's broken on hiphop isn't committed in
ignorance. The only problem is that, last time I checked, the dependency
list for hiphop is very considerable...and isn't for Windows yet. However, I
believe Domas didn't need *too* many patches to get MW working, which
suggests that having to write code that compiles with hiphop won't be that
difficult and error prone. If there can be a small yet complete list of
"things that only work in regular PHP" then that might be an OK alternative
to each dev running/testing hiphop.

Otherwise,