On 29/03/11 01:28, Aryeh Gregor wrote:
> What happens when the feature lists start diverging, because Zend adds
> what it thinks would be useful and Facebook ignores that and adds what
> it thinks would be useful?  Then we can't use any new features from
> either.

We can use features from both, using function_exists(), like what we
do now with PHP modules.

If you compile PHP with no zlib, you can't compress anything, but the
rest of MediaWiki still works. In the future we may use HipHop's
parallel execution features. If you don't have HipHop, the work will
be done in serial. I quandaries will be very rare.

-- Tim Starling