2011/4/15 Tim Starling <tstarl...@wikimedia.org>:
> That's a fair point. I didn't mean to propose a 1:1 workflow, I meant
> to just make a point about release schedules.

OK. If your main point was to say that we should branch 1.18 in April
and 1.19 in August, I'm cool with that. Releasing too infrequently is
bad, as we saw with 1.17, but you make solid points to support the
notion that releasing too frequently introduces problems of its own,
and that we should find middle ground. Speaking in terms of release
cycle length, I think that 4-6 months (2-3 releases/yr) is a bit long
and 3-4 months (3-4 releases/yr) is better, but I'm sure we can work
out a number. Your point that release cycle length should be
consciously and carefully decided on is a very good one, and I'm sorry
I hijacked it with my release latency argument.

Roan Kattouw (Catrope)