On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 2:28 AM, Chad <innocentkil...@gmail.com> wrote:
> That's because our phpunit setup is incredibly fragile. I'm trying to fix
> it.
>
> -Chad
Instead of the "auto" tests like we have now, could we some how (might
need another testing suite?) perhaps have some sort of commit hook
that tells the testing server a new commit has been entered to do a
test against it up to that point compared to the "guessing" what
commit between two points did it, although if there is multiple sets
of tests going due to the closeness of commits, they may all fail but
it would be easier to track back to the first one that failed.

On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 4:01 AM, Trevor Parscal <tpars...@wikimedia.org> wrote:
> I believe the way forward involves using pre-commit review, requiring test
> coverage to pass review, and developers working in branches at all times.
> SVN may be a pita when it comes to branches, but that's a solvable problem.
>
> - Trevor
Wouldn't working in branches just hide the mess and move it else
where?, the same problems would still arise and could potentially
increase workload (eg: if someone finds a bug and works on fixing it
whilst someone else has noticed the same thing and worked on it as
well but not checked to see if anyone else has).