On 11-08-09 06:50 PM, John Elliot wrote:
> On 10/08/2011 11:19 AM, Daniel Friesen wrote:
>> Would you like to argue for a $wgStricterParsing bool that will
>> sacrifice parser output consistency for things like folding == headers
>> into parent th's (perhaps turn into a span if they explicitly use a<h#>
>> instead of ==), and other things we haven't been able to do to the
>> parser for compat reasons?
> Sure. I'll argue for that. :)
Oh right, one the 'other' things I had one mind but couldn't remember
while writing was converting things like valign, width/height, etc...
into css styles.

Though given the fact that block content in a th in XHTML was valid and
is essentially a regression in the unfinished html5 and there is an open
bug report on it I'll opt for the stance that folding headers there
should wait till we see what the decision on that is.