There are so many extensions useful to the enterprise but probably also so many which are not useful at all or not maintained and if I wanted to start a corporate wiki right now I would probably be very lost what to look at
and how people do things, so it seemed like a good idea to list the
extensions that ARE actually used. Also, I guess one team solved a certain problem one way, while another solved it differenty, using a different extension or set of extensions, so writing this out might help everybody get new ideas/ avoid reinventing the wheel. But I guess I either asked on
the wrong list or there is not much interest at all.

So, you're talking about some "basic set" of extensions that are thought to be definitely useful for ALL people?

It may be useful, but I think that it anyway may require testing of a complete distribution (MW version X + all these extensions) to recommend it to companies... And this returns us to the idea of a "pre-built" distribution like our one :-))