Am 21.03.2013 15:23, schrieb Chad:
> You're confusing opcode caching with shared memory caching.
thanks, as already mentioned, I anticipated that difference.
> Having the Zend
> Optimizer doesn't prohibit you from using APC's shared memory caching.
But APC has issues with PHP 5.4 .
What can we MediaWiki developers do to get this (APC) working  with PHP 5.4+

@all
Has someone PHP 5.4 and MediaWiki core/master */WITH APC/* working ?

>  And
> since Zend Optimizer doesn't do shared memory functionality, there's
> no "support"
> that needs to be added anywhere (now, if they introduce such a feature, that's
> another story).
+1
Wouldn't that be an improvement, can you contact these people ?
I found, that APC  is a "must have" for larger MediaWikis, and would
like to see further methods supported in the core or by extensions.

Chad: thanks for your swift answer which confirms my view, even when I
wasn't very clear in my original mail.