Guys - thank you so much for the comments, I really appreciate it!

The future goal for this could very well be something that helps people
upgrade their extensions (as similar as possible to something like
wordpress, which is very newbie-friendly) and download the files directly
with or without git available.

I think the biggest challenge is the target audience here. I wanted to try
and make sure this extension works well for newbies who need upgrade but
*also* to experienced users that might need to pull from the repositories.
Also, I'm a windows user (I do all the gerrit stuff from a VM) so I aimed
towards compliance there too.

Aiming towards both crowds is tricky, but I think it's possible with your
feedback :)

I'm going to sit and write a "to do" list and try to prioritize it. Now
that I know the extension is worthwhile, I might as well open a page for it
in MW and put it there, and let people contribute their thoughts here or in
its talk page.

(Quick disclaimer -- my finals are this week, and I do this in my 'break'
time, so please bear with me if I'm a tad slow on answering or submitting
improvements! Sadly, exams don't study themselves -- though that *could*
have been an awesome extension ;)

Please keep the comments coming! This is really helpful :)

Thanks,

Moriel

--
No trees were harmed in the creation of this post.
But billions of electrons, photons, and electromagnetic waves were terribly