Hoi,
While some may think it perfectly ok to be contrary and argue vehemently to
keep old hat technology operational for them and everyone around them, I
wonder if they consider cost and consequences.
* Cost to maintain duplicate and increasingly feature incompatible
functionality
* Cost to the users who are appalled by the archaic software they have to
suffer
* Cost to the increased problem of recruiting new contributors.

When I read what is said, it gives me a really bad impression of what
"community" means. It is a priori not positive at all when you argue for a
blanket switch  to disable new features.

I find it impossible to argue to our donors that the additional money spend
in keeping ancient software alive is well spend.
Thanks,
      Gerard