On 08/09/2015 11:28 AM, Neil Harris wrote:
But, while I can only give myself as an example, that's not how I think
it reads to someone who was not already familiar with the situation --
my first impression on reading those words was the same as Tyler's.  It
might help if Matt followed up with another email to make it clear that
the "we thought this might be a good idea and want everybody else's
input" interpretation is the one intended.

My wording should have been better.

What I really mean is, "Please participate in working on the draft and suggesting ideas".

As far as how it started, it was actually online in February (https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T90908). Like a lot of work, it got more refined over time.

Wikimania was not the beginning or the end. It was the middle, which is exactly why I'm asking people to participate now.

Matt Flaschen