From: Dale W. Carder [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, June 18, 2007 6:31 PM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] Cisco vs. Meru article

(still catching up on old email, sorry)

On Jun 14, 2007, at 10:24 AM, Dave Molta wrote:
> I am particuarly concerned about the intersection between private
> enterprise WLANs and public metro Wi-Fi networks.

Time will tell, but I estimate that public services offered on crappy
unlicensed bands (where trees eat packets, and interference is king)
will probably fail.  The more formally run networks (such as wimax) are
more poised to win, customer-experience-wise, when properly engineered.

> It may not be a big problem today but I wonder if it will be a
> problem in the future.

If we want to stick to enterprise environments, this may not occur too
frequently except at the periphery.  More low-e glass may play a role,
too in newer buildings.

> We understand that our tests represent worst-case scenarios that
> few enterprises currently experience but sometimes there is value
> in pointing out the worst-case situations.

Yes there is.  I think we all appreciate your work.

Dale