We do not allow servers on the wireless network, guest or the 802.1X SSID's.
Our wireless is all IPv4 private addressing, with NAT, and our Juniper SRX
firewall does not allow inbound connections.

-----Original Message-----
From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
[mailto:WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU] On Behalf Of Curtis K. Larsen
Sent: Tuesday, June 07, 2016 6:34 PM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: [WIRELESS-LAN] Servers on Guest Networks

Hello,

We're looking at a default deny inbound and possibly opening ports as
required later on the guest wireless network.  If you have already done this
I am curious to know what you and your user community defined as being
required on the guest network.

I think primary drivers might include devices that are not capable of
WPA2-Enterprise *and* needing to run a service.  Google cloud printers come
to mind, someone also mentioned multi-player Xbox?  Do you have other
examples or use cases for allowing services like http/https from the
internet to your guest wireless network?  If so, please share.

Thanks,

Curtis