Wireless contention is the real problem.  We recommend all gamers connect their
systems to wired ports.  Not only does it make their experience better, but it
also lessens the wireless load (On our campus XBox and PS4 fall into the top 4
traffic sources).  If you already have a wired infrastructure than the edge
switches are not all that expensive.  Alternatively install access points like
the Ruckus H510 in each housing unit which include 4 hard wired ports.

Angelo D. Santabarbara
Director of Networks & Systems
Siena College
asantabarb...@siena.edu