Back in our dialup days, we when we started cueing up calls with "this call will be recorded for quality control purposes", sure did its job of significantly reducing PITA calls. Besides filtering out PITA calls, it kept our employees on their toes as well.

Frank

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Scrivner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I can tell you that if you listen closely, even to those PITAs, sometimes you learn things you need to know. It may be that someone is doing things to that sector that are killing service quality for your PITA customer. I try hard to give the average PITA the benefit of the doubt as long as I can. Sometimes I learn things I need to know about my own network.

Truth is we all get some of these PITAs, though, that seem to be devoid of logic, tact and common sense and I think most of us are probably all doing the same things with small exceptions when it comes to firing the bad customer. I try to let them go as amicably as I can. It makes it harder for the PITA to try to paint you as a jerk to others if you are professional and courteous in all your correspondence with them. Occasionally the PITA becomes a faithful and loyal supporter of your company if you can actually eliminate all their concerns. It is rare but they will bring you countless customers if you get past all their issues.

Like others here I am sure, I have to say there is something cathartic about the feeling of knowing you gave them their walking papers after you did all you could to please them. I know my staff wants to throw a party when some of the PITAs leave. :-)
Scriv