Usually all I need to do is firmly let them know that their current attitude will not be tolerated. I basically treat them as I would my children if they are acting up, 9 times out of 10 they apologize and back down because usually it is just because they are frustrated with some aspect of their services (usually crap on their machines).

For the 1 in 10 who continue to be rude I will apologize for 'not being able to provide the level of service that they require for the price I am charging' and tell them someone will be over to pick up the equipment on the next business day. If they are REALLY a PITA I don't back down when they start apologizing profusely at this point.

I don't worry too much about the bad word of mouth because these people are usually this rude to most everyone around them so they don't get much sympathy or credit when they start bitching about something.

Sam Tetherow
Sandhills Wireless

D. Ryan Spott wrote:
Yes,

But how do you do that? Do you write them a letter? Repo your gear?
ryan