>Why should WISPA take any stance on what a wisp uses to conduct business?
   Because you are our industry organization

>What business is it of others what anyone else does?
   Anyone who wants to see the industry operate in a proper and legal
manner.

>If the FCC thought what was going on was a terrible thing, they would
have said so.
   Good idea- let's ask them. I will draft my request this week.

>WISPA's efforts towards compliance may be slow, but there is now
certified componentized systems in the pipeline from vendors who had
none in the past.
    Bravo to them! Who are they?

>Just this past week I was talking to an antenna manufacturer who told me
his antennas were being certified  with new manufacturers that
proviously were uncertified.
     Ditto

>WISPA's goal is to see all wisps succeed. This division a couple of you
are creating, is fairly destructive to any co-operative effort. When the
lines get drawn and people placed on one side or the other, all we can
end up with is some type of rivalry at best.

     ??? Confused. Who do we want to see succeed? All WISPS, you say.
Including the ones who operate illegaly?  The legal ones?
     The ones we don't see because we look the other way?

>I can understand and agree with the entire certification issue and those
opinions  expressed, but doing so in a manner that is destructive to
some of our wisps is unacceptable.

   Uhm.. Who's it destructive to?
   Oh- that's right... The ones who operate illegally.

I simply asked WISPA to publish a position on illegal operation. That
doesn't mean to push it off on some code of ethics.
This is our organization that is supposed to further our business. I'd hate
to think we were afraid to stand up for what is right.

There's no "sort-of pregnant", and there's no sort-of Part 15 compliant. You
are or you aren't That is why this isn't debatable AT ALL!

Who here is operating illegally? There's one message already posted from an
operator who was bragging that he was.
Who is operating legally?  Who will add their company to this list?

Legal  Illegal
---------------
 x                 Brightlan
 ?      ?          The rest of you

Ralph Fowler
Brightlan LLC

[...]

Lets look for the common good of all wisps.

George

----

** Join us at the WISPA Reception at 6:30 PM on October the 16th 2007 at
ISPCON **
** THE INTERNET INDUSTRY EVENT **
http://www.ispcon.com/register.php **

----