While you guys are on the topic could I also ask you to look at our
offering?

We've been selling hot spot systems for the hospitality industry since 2004
but over the past year have started putting together a package for WISPs.
We've branded the WISP solution Avansu (http://www.avansu.com).

Avansu is a B/OSS provided entirely as a service (via the browser), no
software to install. AP and CPE devices will need to use our firmware but
once installed can be managed from anywhere. We currently have our firmware
ported to half a dozen devices and we're working on adding more ports all
the time.

Avansu offers the following:
- Billing (subscriptions, credit card payments, scratch cards etc)
- Remote management, configuration and reboot of APs and CPEs
- Monitoring and alerting via SMS and email (with automated failover if
available)
- Fully customizable login pages for CPEs and APs (including own domain)
- Fully customizable credit card billing and subscription pages (including
own domain)
- Reports on usage and revenue for single nodes, groups of nodes or the
whole system

The main advantage of Avansu is that APs and CPEs work the same no matter
what hardware (vendor) is used. Once the Avansu firmware is installed nodes
can be deployed by simply copying configuration parameters from one unit to
another via the server.

We're still in beta for WISPs, we'll be launching fully in January 2009.
Until launch we're offering free accounts so let me know off list if you'd
like to try our system.

Sorry for the self promotion but you guys were discussing the topic, I
couldn't help myself ;-)

Tim Barker

Fire4 Systems (UK) Ltd.
Round Foundry Media Centre,