I thought I heard a few years ago that the Canopy division was actually losing money? I would think that would be one of the first divisions to get sold off if it's not as profitable as the others.

Travis
Microserv

3-dB Networks wrote:
Eje,

I know you don't work closely with Motorola... but I interact with an
employee over there at least once a week... often times more.

The handset division is killing Motorola, this is public knowledge.  Until
the split occurs and they sell off the division (which they have also made
that intention public) I don't see Motorola as a whole looking good as a
company.

Motorola though obviously realizes the revenue that the Wi4 portfolio is
generating (i.e. wireless broadband gear) and has increased spending on the
product line.  They have done some semi-big changes in the channel to
increase sales... its obvious they are committed to the product... even
though the total revenue might be a decimal point on the big Motorola
balance sheet...

Daniel White
3-dB Networks