Yes, 5830 AP is the latest AP.  But FOX 5580 and 5800 are the latest CPE
versions. Its the sub $300 CPE.

5830 as a CPE was designed to be a Top Quality CPE of its time, and was
competiive proced  for CPEs of that time. It was kept for those WISPs that
demanded teh high quality design CPE. But that was ages ago, and tiems
change. To reach competive pricing for current day, they designed the Fox
line which is a 1/3 the price, and supports larger antenna sizes. It was the
product designed to stack up to MTs

When you are talking about 5830SU-ext, you are absolutely correct, that
model is NOT cost compettive to the Mikrotik. But you need to consider all
teh facts. That 5830, was design to house a Dual pol antenna, it has
heatsinks embedded into the case, it has passthrough tat are easy to
accommodate your cable in a secure way, they have expensive filters bulit
into the MB, they have thick Metal for high F/B ratios for theere antenna
sizes. And it was designed to be cosmetically pleasing for installs. It
wasn;t designed to be inexpensive. I find it very hard to justifying to buy
5830 new today. We'll only do it, if we know we need a high end PTP antenna
such as a Pac Wireless 28dbi.  The 5580 outperforms the 5830 today. However,
to keep it apples to apples, you must add the $40 Behive antenna (which adds
over 10db to the antenna) for a total of 18db antenna gain equivellent to
the 5830, or you use it with the dish ($50) for 25db.  The Atlas/Fox lines
are all sub $300. (including antennas if you buy right, although list price
is more)
.
Tom DeReggi
RapidDSL & Wireless, Inc