I took the survey, however it did not allow me to add in other comments. So:

The biggest problem I have with most of these Trade shows is that its a
bunch of sales/marketing guys who have no actual idea how the product
works and cannot answer in depth technical questions. I can get all of
the sales and marketing information that they present on the website or
from talking to my usual vendors. What I want is a Product Engineering
Show where engineers come and demonstrate their products and I can see
actual comparisons of performance, ask detailed questions, etc.

For example: I want to have talks from engineers who can answer
questions. I want to have talks by real operators on how they implement
OSPF to redistribute BGP across their networks. I want to hear talks
from people that combine Motorola Canopy, Ubiquiti, Ligowave, Mikrotik,
and Netsys to create innovative solutions for providing data coverage.
All should be able to show examples.

Just my 2 cents...

- Matt