Butch,

>> There are many venues to get quality MT content for example, I'd rather
>> WISPA push  content that WISPs cant get anywhere else to push a stronger
>> call to action to come.
>
> I don't understand this statement at all.  I am assuming you mean you
> would like to see content in this show that isn't being presented
> elsewhere.  If so, what, SPECIFICALLY, would you suggest?

To explain what I means..... Quality Mikrotik Training available at...

1. Butch Evans training acadame  (I've seen your name many times on for pay
training).
2. Dennis Webinars training,
3. Microik MUMs
4. Eje's training camps.
Etc etc etc etc.

If I want Mikrotik training, it will take me about 2 minutes to go find
some. That is a COMPLIMENT to Mikrotik that they are developing such a
strong support/training base in the USA.  So what I'm saying is that a WISPA
show would not be a unique show of New content if it just became another
standard Mikrotik training siminar. (I'd love to see Mikrotik specific
training as either a parallel thread or piggy back as a day before/after
main show.)

I do NOT mean to say that Mikrotik shouldn;t have any involvement or
session. Mikrotik should have as much opportunity for exposure as any other
vendors, and maybe even more because we have so many vendor members that
sell Mikrotik. And we have so many GOOD Mikroik training people as resources
to WISPA.

I'm simply suggesting that we look for unique content. I suggested MPLS,
because I have not seen many sessions on MPLS at shows I attended. Its also
a feature that I think many WISPs dont use yet, because its new, and
ironically its probably one of the most unique things about Mikrotik. I can
tell you if there was a MPLS for Mikrotik Session, I would surely attend it.

But you know, you are probably the better one to ask "what is unique
Mikrotik training?" Because you provide so much training, you probably know
what you have covered and haven't?  What are your suggestions?

But I'm also not saying it is easy to come up with unique topics, that is
the big challenge of doing a great show.

> I think the content should include some technical discussions with
> specific products or technologies.  To use the example you brought up,
> MPLS, we could build a small MPLS network using Mikrotik and Cisco or
> any other product.  There could be a couple of sessions explaining the
> technology, THEN we could provide a "breakout session" where people
> could come in and experiment under the direction of someone who is
> knowledgeable in the particular area.  This could be a vendor,
> consultant or end user.  It wouldn't matter WHO provided the
> configuration, but someone who could answer questions about the demo.  I
> don't see this as "pushing a vendor specific content" as much as USING a
> known vendor for a particular technology.

I think that is an EXCELLENT idea as a format for the session.

> Back to reality, it could be Canopy, Mikrotik (nstreme) and maybe
> Alvarion or some others.  Each could offer a short "pitch" of what makes
> their solution better (about 5 minute limit each) and the remainder of
> the session could be Q&A.

Attendees would love that. Although not sure many vendors would like that.

But You did hit on a hot new topic of polling & TDD. The new trend is
methods to mimic TDD, with hacked 802.11a MACs.
Polling is not a new idea, if go back to Karlnet, Trango, even Waverider.
But there are surely new implentations of it.
We can use Ubiquiti's Airmux's new technique, or Mikrotik's NStreme, or
Ligowave's proprietary MAC. I guess TDD and Polling are two different
things, but its still the same kind if topic. It would be interesting to get
the low down on the new technology. And compare how they stacked up to the
old methods. Although that might needs some prior R&D testing to gather data
before the presentation.  Or we just let the Vendors come tell us more about
their new methods.

Tom DeReggi
RapidDSL & Wireless, Inc
IntAirNet- Fixed Wireless Broadband